I always associated concrete with boring, squared buildings of big cities. Lately though, I am finding this harsh material more and more interesting. It can create an amazing lofty look. It is difficult to use concrete elements in interiors and make them look neat, but if you use proper products and techniques, you can create a unique, industrial style.
Here is some more information about creating concrete elements in interiors:
1. To keep concrete surfaces looking good, clean them with non-abrasive cleaners and a soft cloth wipe down with a mild solution of soap and water, about once a month.
2. Be sure to work with reputable and qualified concrete specialist. Also, make sure that your home can handle some extra weight!
3. If using concrete seems too complicated for you, you can achieve a similar effect by putting a modern, “concrete look-a-like” wallpaper on your wall. You can read more about it on Apartment Therapy website.
4. You can try to put concrete on the wall by following simple steps presented on Kara Palasy Designs blog.
Concrete has limitless design options, so look at these pictures and get inspired!
Concrete floor or ceiling
Concrete floor or ceiling might appear harsh and cold, but it will change if you combine them with wood and soft textures.
Concrete furniture and home decor elements
Modern designers are taking the advantage of this hard building material and using it to make furniture and home decor elements.
This unique, “stitched” concrete chairs designed by Florian Shmid; HERE you can get some more information about him.
One more thing! HERE you can find more inspiration about bringing concrete to your house!
- airy look in interiors
- blog about interior design
- blog about Scandinavian style
- concrete ceiling
- concrete floor
- concrete furniture
- concrete in interiors
- concrete walls
- home decor
- industrial interior
- industrial style
- interior design
- interior design blog
- lofty look
- scandinavian design
- scandinavian interiors
- scandinavian style
- white interiors